Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– When Tupac Shakur was a kid, he studied ballet and even played the role of the Mouse King in “The Nutcracker”.
– It would take a vampire about six minutes and 24 seconds to drain 15% of your blood by biting your neck . . . enough for them to feed without affecting your circulation or heart rate.
– George Lucas originally hoped Yoda would be played by a monkey wearing a mask.
– Holtsville, New York has the lowest ZIP code . . . 00501. Ketchikan, Alaska has the highest. It’s 99950.
– The world record for competing in the most Olympics is 10. A Canadian named Ian Miller debuted in the equestrian event at the summer Olympics in 1972 and competed every year until 2012 . . . except in 1980, when Canada boycotted.
But he only won one medal . . . a silver in 2008 for team jumping.
Strange and trending news:
– It’s National Donut Day, and you can get a free donut at Krispy Kreme just for walking through the door. Also, Dunkin’ Donuts has one free donut with any drink purchase. And Walmart is giving away over a million glazed donuts today. (Full Story)
– Here are a few stats for National Donut Day. Only 1% of us hate donuts. 34% would never eat just half of a donut. 22% think donuts are the best food to post on Instagram. And most of us prefer the shorter spelling, D-O-N-U-T. (Full Story)
– 2,000 Americans were asked why they sleep on the left or right side of the bed. The top answers were it’s easier to get in and out of bed on that side . . . my partner prefers the other side . . . and better access to the nightstand. (Full Story)
– A woman in Australia is going viral for an insane list of RULES she wrote for her husband and his friends to follow at a bachelor party, including no drugs or alcohol . . . no strippers . . . no swearing . . . a midnight curfew . . . and all phones need to be tracked at all times. (Full Story)
– A new survey found the most popular beer in every state. And there are a lot of states that went with Budweiser, Coors Light, Corona, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Heineken, and Stella Artois. And then there’s Idaho . . . where the top pick was Mike’s Hard Lemonade. (Full Story)
– “Healthy beer” is here. The company behind Sam Adams just created a new beer called 26.2 Brew. And they say it’s a great beer for after a workout since it’s made with Himalayan sea salt to help replenish your electrolytes. (Full Story)
Happy #GlobalRunningDay! Running is better with a friend and a reward… tag your #runningpartner worthy of some new gear, and we might just hook you up…#262Brew #ForBetterTimes pic.twitter.com/VcKvzCCXde
— 26.2 Brew (@262Brew) June 5, 2019
– When dog owners are stressed, their DOGS get stressed out too, according to a new study. The researchers believe it’s because your dog is very emotionally dependent on you . . . so it can read your emotions and take them on. (Full Story)
– A company is creating a new line of CPR dummies . . . with boobs. Studies have found people are less likely to perform CPR on a woman because they’re uncomfortable about touching her breasts in the process . . . so it’ll be good to train on dummies that teach them how to do it. (Full Story)
Research has shown women are 27% less likely to receive CPR in public than men. The "Womanikin" hopes to change that. https://t.co/lVx701Vu0e
— Newsy (@Newsy) June 6, 2019
– There’s a soap in Japan that’s made to smell like a YOUNG WOMAN . . . a company found the chemical compounds that young women produce and isolated them to make the soap. And it’s become a very popular product for older women . . . and for LONELY DUDES. (Full Story)
– Forever 21 and Cheetos just announced they’ve partnered up to make an entire line of Cheetos CLOTHING. We’re talking shirts, tank tops, bathing suits, flip flops, socks, and more . . . and it’s all on sale now at Forever 21. (Full Story)
– A pizza shop in California has a new policy to try to get people to actually TALK to each other: If all the people at your table are willing to LOCK AWAY their phones during dinner, you get a free large pizza. (Full Story)
MUST READ.!!!! TALK TO EACH OTHER DISCOUNT Our goal is to get families/friends to stop using their phones while eating and talk to each other and communicate more. If you like you may receive a free large (per group) on your next visit (must be at least 24 hours) or you can donate your free large pizza to the needy. We donate pizzas to the homeless in downtown Fresno every month, so we would add your donated pizza along with the many others or you could do it yourself.The Curry Pizza Company Family Owned and Operated Fresno California
Posted by The Curry Pizza Company on Friday, May 17, 2019
– Police in Georgia raided a VHS RENTAL STORE earlier this week . . . because it was a front for an illegal gambling ring. The most recent movie to rent was from 2007. (Full Story)
– A 90-year-old woman near Tulsa couldn’t find her way out of her burning house last month. Then four teenagers showed up, got inside, and one of them carried her to safety. (Full Story)