Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Bob Ross made 1,143 paintings during his career on PBS. The majority of them are stored at the headquarters of Bob Ross Inc. in Virginia and his business partner says they don’t have any plans to sell them because that, quote, “wasn’t really Bob’s thing.”
– The opposite of ambidextrous is ambilevous . . . it’s when someone’s clumsy with BOTH hands.
– There’s only one tea plantation in America. It’s in South Carolina and it’s owned by the Bigelow Tea Company.
– The first lesbian kiss on primetime network TV was on “L.A. Law” in 1991. The first gay male kiss was in 2000 on “Dawson’s Creek”.
– One of the main reasons Blu-Ray beat HD-DVD is because Sony included a Blu-Ray player in the PlayStation 3, to get it into a ton of houses. But because of the cost, they lost $200 on every PlayStation 3 they sold . . . about $3 billion total.
Strange and trending news:
– A new survey found the average guy feels like an adult at age 26, and for women it’s 23. And the top SIGNS you’re an adult are having a budget, buying a house, doing your own taxes, working on your credit score, and having a 401k. (Full Story)
– 33% of Americans say they’d rather take a solo trip with just them and their phone than take a trip with another person, according to a new survey. And 60% of people plan on taking a solo trip in the next two years. (Full Story)
– Do you ever talk to the random person sitting next to you on a plane? 14% of people say they always or usually do . . . and only 8% of people say they never do. (Full Story)
– There’s a photo going viral that shows a woman sleeping on the FLOOR in front of a row of seats on a plane. Is that a good way to get comfortable . . . or an absolutely FOUL place to sleep? (Full Story)
– An annual list just came out of the LEAST HEALTHY restaurant meals in America. Some highlights are cinnamon roll pancakes at the Cheesecake Factory that are 2,040 calories . . . a burger at Chili’s covered in brisket, rib meat, and sausage that 2,020 calories . . . and an Oreo peanut butter shake at Sonic that’s 1,720 calories. (Full Story)
– Some scientists have just discovered that when you’re extremely emotional and crying after a break-up, it helps you LOSE WEIGHT. It happens because you produce a hormone that’s connected to fat loss. (Full Story)
– French’s Mustard just created MUSTARD ICE CREAM. And according to one reviewer, the mix of mustard and cake batter flavors is surprisingly not awful. It’ll only be available in L.A. and New York this weekend. (Full Story)
– A woman in Australia came home earlier this week and found a GIANT SPIDER on a wall in her house. She says it was about the size of her HAND . . . and when she posted pictures on Facebook, people suggested she just burn the house down. She WAS able to eventually remove it safely. (Full Story)
– According to a new study, it’s FILTHY to hit someone else’s bong. The researchers found the average bong they tested had 1,304% more bacteria than a dog food bowl . . . 90% more than a GARBAGE DUMPSTER . . . and 50% more than a public toilet seat. (Full Story)
– Someone stole a package off a woman’s porch in South Carolina over the weekend. But what they didn’t realize is . . . the box had NINE TARANTULAS inside. The cops say they don’t have any suspects so far. (Full Story)
– A wheat farmer in Washington state has been dealing with stage 4 cancer and couldn’t harvest his crops. So, 60 other farmers banded together this past Sunday, and did all 1,200 acres for him in a single day. (Full Story)